Thursday, June 21, 2007

Harvest Surprise!?!?


For those who have not seen the latest commercials (which I guess reveals to you that we are one of the few who still do not have Tivo or any of those other fancy commercial-skipping devices), "Harvest Surprise" appears to be a form of liquid trickery...a concoction by the folks at Juicy Juice designed to sneak vegetables into the fruit juice that kids already love. The theory, I suppose, is that they will hardly notice that they are drinking carrots mixed in with their apple juice?? As one who was never successfully fooled into developing an appreciation for the veggies, I am skeptical. However, since Elizabeth seems to LOVE the taste of carrots (no fooling...I think it might be her favorite food so far!), I am thinking that we just skip the "surprise" and head straight to V-8! But first, we have to master the art of the sippy cup!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the V8 Splash juices taste quite good. But for me personally, the idea of drinking carrot juice is such a gross notion that I can't get past that to enjoy the taste anyway. Pathetic and sad... but social...