Friday, September 10, 2010

Froot Loop Fun!

This morning, we made a run to the market and, along with E's favorite "Honey Bunches of Oats with Cinnamon Bunches", we picked up a fun-size variety pack of what I affectionately refer to as "junky cereals". This included two boxes of Froot Loops. (Side note: Is it just me...or has anyone else ever noticed that the cereal is spelled Froot Loops instead of Fruit Loops? I hadn't noticed until recently!)
Anyway, when we got home, we had lunch and then Elizabeth pointed to the variety pack and asked to try some cereal with no milk. The box she chose was Froot Loops. She took them out of the package, and it gave me an idea!
Why not try to show her how to make a color pattern necklace! Then she can eat it when we are done! She was ALL about it! So I got out some ribbon and began showing her how to lace the Os onto the ribbon, one at a time. At first, I was ambitiously committed to the color pattern idea. But then it became more and more obvious that this was going to take the patience of Job! Patience that my three and a half year old simply does not possess! So, we quickly abandoned the patterning in favor of the more immediately gratifying "put on any color as fast as you can" approach! Ta-DA!!!
When we were done, I tied it around her neck and she suggested, "I think we need to take a picture and send it to Grandma and Grammy!" (Sorry Grandpa and PopPop...apparently you two are just silent sidekicks in this scenario!) So...that's exactly what we did!
And then she ate them all up! Every. Last. One.

1 comment:

Leeann said...

Fun project! Gotta love those junky cereals. :-)