Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Birthday to Daddy!

No Foolin'...Friday was Daddy's birthday! We made him a MOOSE cake! :-) German Chocolate Cake is his favorite...and he's always been a fan of meese. So I decided to get a little creative. Here is the result!


I can definitely think of ways to improve it (chocolate icing on the antlers instead of buttercream, for example)...but considering that I already had all the "stuff" for just making cupcakes and I thought of the "moose" idea at the last minute, it's not half bad! Even Elizabeth agreed it kinda looked like a moose--and she's a tough critic about these kinds of things! haha!

We had a little family celebration when Peter got home from work. Then we fed the kids dinner (yes...we did have cake before dinner! It was a fun/crazy night at our house!) and our wonderful next-door neighbors, Tiffany & Braden, came over to babysit the girls while Peter and I went OUT for dinner! FUN!

No comments: